I INSIST that you REST . . .

Sometimes, when we don't listen, our bodies take over and make us listen.

On Wednesday, I had cataract surgery on my left eye.  We get cataracts early in my family.  The average age to have a cataract removed is 72.  In my family we get them a couple of decades earlier.  It went very well, but wasn't the greatest of experiences.  The car service insisted that they knew better than I what time they should be at my house to pick me up:  7:15 a.m. for an 8:30 a.m. surgery on the north side of the city during rush hour.  Oh HELL no . . . but they insisted - the dispatcher acted like I was a moron and said she knew what she was doing . . .

So, yeah, I didn't get to the surgery center until 9 a.m.  Then, I thought I was having an asthma issue because my lungs were tight and I was coughing.  So, naturally, I was taking hits on my inhaler and was nervous that I was going to cough and they'd poke my eye out.

Long story short, the surgery went great, but I'm now labeled a "difficult" patient because I was nervous.  Oh well.

Turns out I was not having an asthma issue - I was having a cold/bronchitis/who knows what issue.  I felt terrible the next day when I went for my post op checkup and the eye doc said to drink something carbonated - that actually helped. By Friday I was not at all in good shape and my own doc called a Z-pac in to Walgreens for me.

Today I was supposed to be across the state judging the Illinois state African violet show.  That didn't happen for me and the cough is so brutal that my entire upper torso is sore and my throat seems to coughed raw.  This is the NoFun Plan for sure.

I'm miserable and crabby and because I dozed through the hockey game (Go Hawks!) now I'm not particularly sleepy and it's almost 11 at night.

I feel like I'm FourFiveSeconds from a full blown tantrum.


What a whiner . . .

Comments

Michelle said…
Whine away; it's warranted! I do hope you feel better very soon.
A :-) said…
I think I have turned the corner this morning - I actually did fall asleep - and relatively quickly. I slept all night, and then fell asleep for another two hours in my chair (I have turned into my mother :-D)

Popular Posts