An Oasis of Calm . . .

A very excellent day today.  It's hot here in Chicagoland and I decided to stay indoors. And after my whirlwind of a day yesterday, my Fitbit has registered only 1,500 steps for today.  I paid attention and listened to my body when it said I should probably take it easier today  :-)  Yay Me! The kitchen counter is still not quite done, but I watched the first two episodes of The Roosevelts, which I missed the first time around, which means that some knitting got done.  Oh - and another item is blocking now.

Hard to believe, but I have TWO finished objects!!!  Stole #2, and Cowl #4




Cowl #4 is actually straight - I think it got it on the counter a little wonky.

Since those dried overnight, I decided to go ahead and block Rock the Kasbah.  It's not perfect.  I was going to use blocking wires to make it really straight - and then I remembered how much I really don't like to use blocking wires.  Tammy gave me an idea to use thread to pull it into shape, but after all was said and done, I decided to just shape it as best I could with my hands.  Moderate wonkiness won't be visible once it's on a set of shoulders  :-) 

Geez, it's wide . . . that's a beach towel, a bath towel and two hand towels, with an additional bath towel for the point.

Although they are not completed, I am on the second of the #6 Socks.  I also got some more done on the Wild Goose Shawlette, and although I did fall asleep in the chair at one point, I only nodded off for about 20 minutes early in the day, which means I will still sleep well tonight.


So, another productive day in a completely different area.  :-)  I really can't remember the last time I was able to post finished objects here.  This feels good and I'm really happy about them.  I have one more object to block and then the blocking party will be complete.  Then it's pretty much just all knitting all the time until I have caught back up.

Dinner is in the oven, and I'm heading back out to my chair to enjoy the serenity of my uncluttered sunroom.  Cannot even tell you how excellent that is.    :-)

Comments

Michelle said…
I wish I could share your blocking triumph, but I do think I'll follow your lead and forego the blocking wires. It is SO tedious to thread them through the edges! I do have four loaves of bread in the oven, a vacuumed floor, and a sparkling bathroom – the latter thanks to one of Rick's rare cleaning sprees. :-)
A :-) said…
Hey, you have someone to pick up some of your slack. That's a tremendous bonus :-) The shawl was dry this morning. Now all that's left to block is the Hume sweater.
candy said…
Catching up on your posts from August 14th...here is a virtual {{{hug}}} from me! Your house is beautiful and it looks like you got a handle on the things that were bothering you :)
Michelle said…
Well, I'm not going to complain about the rare occasions when Rick deigns to "pick up some slack," but I WILL point out that there would be very little slack to pick up without the extra two humans in the house – two male humans who dirty more dishes, laundry, floors, etc., and require much more grocery shopping, cooking, and lunch-making than I would if I lived alone.

Popular Posts