Another One Done!

I had one massive sneeze coming out of the Post Office yesterday and my head has been a running faucet ever since.  I don't think it's a cold.  I think it's allergies.  I made sure to pick up some Allegra yesterday, but I'm headed back to Walgreens as soon as the pharmacy opens this morning for some sudafed to get my head cleared out quickly and hopefully avoid a sinus infection.

After last week's flurry of activity, it's been a little more quiet around here this past week  :-)  I did just finish the Wild Goose Shawlette, a pattern written by my friend, Paula, The Prairie Piper and host of the enormously popular  podcast, The Knitting Pipeline.  I love Paula's patterns, and  I have finally figured out that I need to generally go up in yarn weight and/or needle size on them.  You would think I would have figured this out sooner - Paula is a very petite person - I look like a fricking Amazon next to her:  :-D

For the Wild Goose Shawlette, I stuck with fingering weight yarn, but I had to go up to a size SEVEN needle to get gauge, proving, once again, that I'm a sorta tight knitter  :-D  Going up to that size needle meant that I ran out of yarn.  I was about three rows short - I ended after the last eyelet row.  It didn't hurt anything.  I like the pattern very much - I love all of Paula's patterns  :-)

This first photo is of the yarn in the cake.  You can see the yarn is predominantly red.  


Here is it blocking, and it looks very different, color-wise.  I figured it was because it was wet:

And here it is, dry and blocked:


It's definitely not the same red it was in the cake.  It's still pretty, but it's definitely more of a rusty red/brown.  Still, it's nice and it's quite possible that I will keep this one rather than gifting it.  We'll see  :-)

I'm still working on the plain vanilla socks - I'm on the second heel flap.  The completion of this shawlette now puts me at 11 WIPs.  It's still a double-digit number, but it's beginning to feel a lot more manageable. 

In other news of the week, the budget is going great.  I'm doing very well so far with my grocery budget and I'm quite pleased about that!  Making a lasagna and some spinach burritos that first weekend was a very good plan.  I just ran out of them this week.  Today I plan to make a meatloaf - my mom's recipe - and I'm going to cook it in the muffin tin so I have little mini meatloaves for the freezer.  Salmon cakes are on the docket, too, so that there will be two choices in the freezer.

I could still be planning a little better - had one lunch out this past week, and a couple of snacks from the deli downstairs, but, for the most part, I'm forging a new lunch path  :-D

Comments

Michelle said…
Mini-meatloaves is a great idea! Following your progress and successes reminds me of a TV commercial -- "You got this!"

Popular Posts