The First Cut is the Deepest . . .

It's the first day of my new budget!!  Yay!!  The adventure begins!!

For the last few days I've been feeling all smug and pleased with myself that I had gotten a handle on this budgeting adventure so quickly.  You know - it was a snap, really - a bit of mindfulness and a few reductions, but nothing I couldn't handle.  A little belt tightening, and hopefully ass shrinking since I'm not going to be eating out at all for some time.  Looking forward to that, really, since I'm way too large at the moment.

I arrived home yesterday and put the trash barrels back in the garage - I could see my Netflix in the front door along with the mail that I picked up as I opened the door.  Hmmmm, a pretty thick envelope - what's this?  A prospectus?  A bank statement?  As I walked into the kitchen, I turned it over.  Not a prospectus.  Not a bank statement.

It was my car insurance bill.

My car insurance bill.

MY FRICKING CAR INSURANCE BILL.

Jesus H. Christ
I mean CRAP.

How could I have forgotten that one in all my calculations?  I guess because it only happens twice a year, but I have to come up with the money to pay it before September 1st, and I need to build another $83 a month in to the budget for it going forward so I will have enough to pay it again in March when it will be due again.  I'm going to have to rework the budget on Monday and it looks like I'm going to have to rob Peter to pay Paul this month.  Geez.  Right out of the gate . . . oh well.



p.s.  All these years I somehow missed that Yusuf Islam, formerly know as Cat Stevens, wrote this song. 

Comments

Popular Posts